StampznewBright

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 22 November 2008

Vintage Christmas Dictionary PDFs (& Label templates too!) :O)

Posted on 00:43 by Unknown


Here's an example of another way you can use those vintage dictionary scans (which I'm in the process of linking as PDFs, though I think I need to reformat the files, 'cuz the uploading has been giving me a heck of a time--for hours!) Emailing them wouldn't work either, grrrrrrrrrr...I'll have to try tomorrow. I'm still not well; I think I have mono, just joking I hope...LOL... so... I'm behind in emails & blurfin'--Missing Y'all!

Anywho, here's a link to two of the text PDFs


The Label-shaped Frame:

This time the Merry Christmas text DP is a frame, that I made by...
  1. Folding a piece of paper in 4
  2. Cutting a corner in a fancy shape
  3. Unfolding & tracing onto the text cardstock
  4. Cutting away the center with a craft knife
  5. Edged the frame shape with silver Zig Painty pen
I've been working on makin' a whole bunch of templates in this style to share with you guys. Kind of like the thrifty Crafter's (aka broke Crafter's) ;o) verions of the new style of die cuts, hehehe...me sneaky. They're not flawless I'm sure, but they're free. :O)

Here's what the rectangle labels look like:
(In 3 sizes LRG MED SML):



You can Download the
Label Template PDFs here


Usin' the templates: I made the three sizes so you could layer them if you like.

I like to print them on the back of whatever paper & cut em out. then you don't see the lines. But if you are comfortable using a craft knife (exacto or hobby blade) then that can be even better because you can use the frame & the inside label shape. :O)

The Stampin':
  1. Emboss the truck in silver on Watercolour paper
  2. Make a mask & emboss the tree in Always Artichoke
  3. Keep mask on & emboss snowflakes
  4. Colour using SU markers & a waterbrush
  5. Add puffy snow with a velvet pen
  6. Add silver Zigpainty to the bumpers
  7. Add Crystal Lacquer to the window
  8. Put large silver brads for hubcaps

To mask the line for the snow, I just used two torn post-it notes & sponged on soft sky ink to make the sky. That technique is repeated on the main card (but sponging the ground with white craft ink instead) to have it tie in with the image, like the snow line carries off the side o' the card... :O)

Stamps: All Stampin' Up!: Loads of Love & Happy Winter (wee snowflakes)

Thanks for checkin this out. Me go sleeeeeep...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :O)



Edited to Add: Another card & the DARK versions
Sleighful Scene


Square labels too:


And a tutorial for a purse set made with them
Cuttlebugged Note Topped Purses:
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in *TEMPLATEs, cheap-tricks, Christmas, Faves, techniques | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • free Butterfly Silhouette .studio cut files (in 3 styles)
    Hi, All! Here are those butterfly Silhouette .studio cut files. They are for only for the Silhouette machine... But I do hope to share other...
  • a Silhouette Challenge project
    This might look like a card in the photo, but...   ... it's actually a collage on a wooden canvas  to hang on the wall (or give as a gif...
  • Silhouette Cameo - Sketch pen Camera card
    Happy Happy Independence Day, to my American Friends! (and happy belated Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!) So, have those of you with Silh...
  • Flying by to say ... 'hello'
    Do you shop for stamps often? I don't have a huge crafting budget, but every once in a while I find some images that call out "you ...
  • over 100 free pattern overlays ... at a glance
    Would you believe that the free overlay total is at 139 overlays and counting? (I might have a wee little addiction) ;-) Since overlays can ...
  • Graphics Fairy Inspiration (+vintage printables)
    Thank You all so much for your wonderful comments about the papers I've been obsessed with. Your kind words make me grin so big that I g...
  • How to Download papers & overlays from Flickr
    Some of you lovely people have asked how to download files from flickr (where, incidentally many of my as-yet-unblogged paper sets are hidin...
  • Copics on Gesso (lets you erase!!!)
    This Copic colouring was crazy fun & so fast ! I can't share the card yet, since it's for an upcoming thingy... but I just could...
  • Precariousness...
         Many apologies for another long absence, friends. Things have been very precarious around here and unfortunately blogging has been the...
  • Millie Mouse High-Backed 3x3 Box (pictorial) :o)
    Here's that pictorial for the 3x3 box with the high back & Millie . :-D Something about that little Millie the Mouse's smiling f...

Categories

  • 'Mouse'-the-cat (10)
  • *TEMPLATEs (98)
  • 3D-projects (144)
  • A-Day-For-Daisies (7)
  • Amber Ink (9)
  • Angel's-Landing (2)
  • BASICS (47)
  • Blogging-tips (7)
  • Caardvarks (48)
  • Cat's-Pajamas (2)
  • cheap-tricks (224)
  • Christmas (33)
  • Claire-Keay (2)
  • Cricut (3)
  • cut-file (2)
  • Cuttlebug (45)
  • decor (6)
  • Digital-Images (131)
  • Distress-Inks-etc (14)
  • DIYstamps (1)
  • Eat-Cake-Graphics (11)
  • Faves (207)
  • Fred-She-Said (5)
  • Freebies (77)
  • GESSO (9)
  • Halloween (10)
  • Heather Ellis (3)
  • Hero-Arts (14)
  • ISC (7)
  • Jessica-Sprague (2)
  • Just-Rite (2)
  • LPS (63)
  • Mo's-Digital-Pencil (16)
  • My-Favorite-Things (33)
  • organizing (7)
  • Other-People's-Tutorials (36)
  • Paper-Garden-Projects (54)
  • Paper-Temptress (39)
  • Punches (21)
  • Purple-Onion-Designs (23)
  • S.U. (1)
  • SCOR-PAL (4)
  • silhouette (4)
  • Skipping-Stones-Design (7)
  • Squigglefly (6)
  • SRM-Stickers (8)
  • techniques (191)
  • templates (26)
  • Tiffany-Doodles (4)
  • Tutorials (252)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (16)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2012 (53)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (74)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (9)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2010 (84)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (21)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (17)
    • ►  January (20)
  • ►  2009 (234)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (21)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (23)
    • ►  August (29)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (10)
    • ►  May (16)
    • ►  April (26)
    • ►  March (22)
    • ►  February (27)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ▼  2008 (39)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (25)
      • Dragonfly card (Double-sided stitching & tall skin...
      • Curvy Bracket-Shaped Template Tut
      • Make old Stamps over into brand new Die Cuts! (Sta...
      • Trekking the "Winter Neighbourhood" (my first slider)
      • Kelly Bags from Hermes (templates)
      • Itchy embossing in Nature's Garden (& frindge from...
      • Winter Wonderland Vellum Window Stickers
      • Vintage Christmas Dictionary PDFs (& Label templat...
      • Vintage Dictionary Text Scans (for DIY patterned p...
      • Stitched on Snowflakes Sled hill card
      • Wee Snow Hill Gift Box (2 and 5/8" square box)
      • Photo snowmen treat boxes :O)
      • Snowy Topiaries: LPS Challenge (& a LONG sponging-...
      • DIY Felt Flowers (with stamps)
      • Winter Wonderland Colouring Card
      • Pearlescent Black Magic (and flutterby trails)
      • DIY Buttons in Your Blog's Sidebar (doodle goes hi...
      • Punched Acetate Sentiments
      • 50+ Gift bag Templates
      • Bling on the Holiday Shimmer!...LPS Snowflakes Blo...
      • Putting on the Glitz gift set (Double box, homemad...
      • Animal templates & tutorials
      • A Year of Flowers Card set in a Bucket Handbag or ...
      • Copious amounts of Cupcake & Cake templates/projec...
      • What we Love about Winter book
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile